Thursday, October 26, 2006

Milork + Herman = 'The Runs'

Well the results are in! My husband, Herman, had a TERRIBLE night's sleep. In fact he spent most of it on the toilet with 'the runs'. I call that voting with your feet!

In retrospect, I would NOT have used UHT milk to make Milork as it tastes a LOT worse than any other kind of milk.

That said, Herman thoroughly enjoyed his bedtime Milork and drank another pint of it for breakfast (I made a bumper batch). He keeps smacking his lips and saying he can't stop thinking about the taste. I guess that's dinner taken care of!

In case YOU want to make Milork too, my recipe is:
1 pint of milk (don't use UHT - it tastes like someone milked a poison cow)
1 large pork chop or two sausages (or c. 200g of your preffered pig meat)

Put half of the milk in a blender and add the pig meat.
Blend until creamy.
Fold in the remaining milk.
Decant into a saucepan.
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 45mins with the lid ON to cook the pork.

Serve warm or chilled, to taste. I GUARANTEE you will be surprised by the colour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just having a look at your blog. Mmm.

Mrs Belmot said...

That's good.

I'm actually WRITING my blog, so maybe we have a lot in common!