Monday, November 06, 2006

David Jason may have RUINED his career

It's official. The internet is open ALL the time!

I have barely slept a wink ALL weekend and my eyes are really quite stingy this morning. It's been exciting beyond adjectives!

Next time I go through the night on the internet, I'll be using the following 'best practice' guidelines which I STRONGLY recommend you use too:
  1. Set an alarm clock to go off at hourly intervals so you remember to go to the toilet. I didn't go for nearly seven hours and I REALLY regretted it later.
  2. Make sure your kitchen is clean BEFORE you start. I went in there this morning and it's a disgrace. The washing up hasn't been done since Friday and there were two flies near the dustbin.
  3. If you have a dependent (eg husband, child), make sure they can feed themselves. If it hadn't been for Rich Tea biscuits, I don't think Herman would have had a single meal since Friday. As it is, I've barely eaten for two days but it was definitely worth it.

As you can imagine, it's been VERY hectic all weekend long. I meant to start work on my Christmas shopping planner (fail to plan = plan to fail = FAIL) but never managed to get round to it. I don't know what to buy anyone but I know where I'll be looking! The ALL-NIGHT internet. Ha ha!

In case anyone wants to know what's at the top of MY list, it's a copy of the Pina Colada song. I can't get it out of my head! It starts off sad, get's 'raunchy' and then ends up happy; all with an excellent meoldy:

"If you like pina coladas (dum be dum DUM) and getting caught in the rain (dum be dum DUM)".

I don't know why Pina Colada makers haven't already used this song in a tv advert to sell more. I've had a hankering for one all morning JUST because of the song. That's what I call return on investment!

Apparently David Jason is already booked to do a Christmas fantasy TV show which ISN'T a Harry Potter spin-off with Robbie Coltrane where they play old versions of themselves. Only time will judge if this breaks or ruins his career, but I PERSONALLY think it is a bad move.

Unless Lyndhurst is involved, in which case get ready for it to be BRILLIANT! I can't wait!

No comments: